Benchmark’s large format film laminators enhance and protect our customers imaged products and improve the return customers get on their graphic investment. We run both hot and cold presses, meaning that we can either protect a project with an adhesive based film over the graphic (cold press – pressure sensitive film) or that we can encapsulate graphics in plastic that is melted (hot press – thermal film). In the thermal application process, the machine heats up to 200 degrees; a cold process uses about 90 degrees of heat. Both presses can create products that are rollable or on stiff boards.
Our laminators accept materials:
· 1” thick (great for foam core boards!)
· 60” wide
· Any length your project needs!
Adding lamination as part of the finishing process at Benchmark will insure your graphics are tough enough to survive the handling normal in Trade Shows, Events, and Meetings. Also, lamination makes your graphics “cleanable” – just wipe down the laminate topcoat and don’t worry about dirt, dust or debris scratching or staining your graphic!
Typical lamination projects include:
· backlit displays and light boxes – images mounted 1st or 2nd surface to clear substrates
· floor graphics – image typically seen on retail floors with removable adhesives and certified non-skid overlams
· window decals – short term use product typically used to advertise promotions
· poster prints – adds weight and durability to large format prints
· magnetic Pop Up panels
· detachable graphics – rollable graphics suitable for Velcro attachment, toughn enough to be used again and again
· rigid displays – used for long term applications, like retail merchandising displays
Specify the right thickness of laminating film, then choose a finish: luster, textured, gloss, or matte. We’ll take care of the rest!